Feeding the 5K
Tackling Food Waste
FareShare South West (FSSW) works with the food industry to minimise their surplus food from going to waste by redistributing to organisations that are working with some of the most vulnerable people in society.
Each day they distribute 2500 meals using ingredients that would have otherwise gone to landfill. Around half of the volunteers are or have been vulnerable and are offered training opportunities and support in their lives.
Whilst FSSW currently is very much a B2B entity, their wish was to increase their brand awareness to the public.
We worked with the client to get a deep understanding of the key messages regarding the extraordinary food waste issues we face and conducted a situational analysis of their capacity. We then put forward our suggestions of how best they could get maximum public exposure for the organisation.
We proposed and produced a flagship event in Bristol City Center with an aim of serving 5000 meals made from food that would otherwise have gone to waste. We also worked on a petition that encouraged the public to urge Government to introduce legislation to curb food waste.
- The event was attended by over 5000 people and 4358 of them were fed with food that would have otherwise gone to landfill
- Bristol Twitter feeds were trending with the event’s hashtag
- FareShare got national and local coverage on radio, television and internet that drove home the scandals of food waste and food poverty
- We collected over 4000 emails for direct marketing purposes
- 6700 people liked the FSSW Facebook page proceeding the event date
View similar campaigns
We are a dynamic and highly experienced team producing award-winning creative events and campaigns with sustainability at their core.
We have a wealth of experience ranging from grass roots and community projects to delivering events of over 80,000 capacity.